***Please note that the physical Video Conference rooms are currently closed, but we are still providing virtual support.
Technologies in Education operates two video conference rooms on the third floor of Education North.
- VC rooms are available for bookings from our own Faculty, the campus and other agencies who require assistance with teaching and learning.
- Both VC suites use IP protocol and can connect up to three remote sites.
- It is also possible to use other collaboration programs such as SKYPE.
- There are charges associated with any requests for service outside of regular business hours as well for use with some sites.
Education North 3-105a
For groups of 10 or less
- POLYCOM 7000e c/w 40" Monitor
- Video projection
- Rear projection SMARTboard
- IBM laptop for data and Internet sharing
- A telephone for audio conferencing
Education North 3-119
For groups as large as 40 persons
- Ceiling mounted video projector
- POLYCOM 7000e unit that can be set up in minutes
- Laptop and SMARTboard requirements require additional booking and setup
For further information contact us at 780-492-3563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portable Conference Cart
What can our portable media cart do for you?
It is equipped with a mac mini loaded with Windows or Mac Operating Systems.
- Simply use it as a computer with a BIG screen
- It comes with a Wireless keyboard and mouse
Use it for Skype
- Professional Grade Webcam
- Professional Grade Microphone that can sit in the middle of your conference group
Use it for Video Conferencing
The Unit is equipped with a Polycom system and a Pro remote controlled movable camera unit.
It works great for:
- Skype or Video conferencing
- Kiosks or other events where you need to display media
- Saves time if you do not have a projector in the room, simply turn the computer and tv on and load your presentation.