The University of Alberta uses the Google Apps for Education suite of applications which includes Mail, Calendar, Drive, Sites and Groups. All students, faculty and staff are provided with an apps@ualberta account making these applications available to everyone in the university community anytime and anywhere as long as there is an Internet connection.
- Managed by the U of A, your university email address is ‘email@example.com’.
- You have 25 GB of storage space.
- The web email client has all the power (and more) of other email clients.
- Google Talk is included so you can text and video chat too!
- Create multiple calendars and turn them on and off as you need them.
- Share your calendar with different permission settings for different people.
- See calendars shared by others and invite others to events.
- Document creation: the suite of applications includes Document, Presentation, Spreadsheet, Form, and Drawing, all with a familiar editing interface.
- Collaboration: All docs can be shared with others with the permissions you set. Multiple people can edit a document, even in real time!
- File storage: Non-Google docs can also be uploaded and shared, but you won’t be able to edit them unless you convert them. You have 5GB of storage space.
Google Apps on Mobile Devices
When accessing Google Apps from your mobile device, it is recommended that you download the suite of apps for your device (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawing, Classroom, etc) instead of accessing through a mobile browser.
Use one of the following links to access the apps for your device:
A connection to the Internet.
Go to the Universitry of Alberta's home page: http://www.ualberta.ca
Click on the "Email & Apps" link at the top of the page.
Click on "Sign in to University of Alberta" and you will be directed to the sign-in page.
Enter your UAlberta CCID and Password and click the "Log in" button.
You are now signed into your Google Apps@UAlberta account and are viewing the Apps@UAlberta homepage.
Other Google products such as YouTube, Blogger and Android are also accessible to you using your Apps@UAlberta Google account. However, the use of these applications is outside of the U of A's agreement with Google. This does not restrict you from using these products.