TodaysMeet creates isolated chat rooms that can be used in a variety of ways. It can allow students, conference attendees, or other groups of individuals to engage in live, online discussions in a user-created, invite-only chat space.
An internet connection.
Any internet-enabled device(s).
- Go to www.todaymeet.com
- Name your room. Room names must be original, and should be something easy for participants to remember and type. I’ve named my room DigiTAL_123.
- Set how long the room will be open. You can choose to have the room open for as little as one hour or for as long as one year. I set my room to close in two hours.
- Click Create your Room.
Invite participants to join room.
- Participants simply enter the room URL (todaysmeet.com/roomname) to open the room in their browser. My room URL would be todaysmeet.com/digiTAL_123.
- URLs are not case-sensitive.
- A shortened URL (beginning with http://today.io) can be found below the chat box by clicking “Room Tools." This URL can be copied and shared in the exact same way as the full URL to link to the meeting.
- Upon entering, users can see all the messages sent in that room.
- To send messages, users must first enter a name in the name field and press the join button. They will then be able to share 140 character messages with everyone else accessing the room.
Name your room something your participants can easily remember and type in.
TodaysMeet can be accessed in the browser of any computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Anyone with the room URL can access the feed.
Room creators have no power over users misusing or abusing the room.
Messages are limited to 140 characters.