Here are some tips and tricks for making the most of your Twitter account.
Follow People on Twitter
- Navigate to a user’s profile
- Click the Follow button by the User’s profile photo on their profile page.
- You can also click any Follow button on the Who to follow suggestions section.
Note: For some users, you might need to wait for them to approve your Follow request.
Unfollow People on Twitter
- Go to the Following section from your profile page.
- On your following list, hover over the Following button next to the user you wish to unfollow.
- Click it once it turns to a red Unfollow.
- You can also do this from the user’s profile page through the Following button.
Retweet a Tweet
By retweeting, you will resend someone else’s Tweet to your followers.
- To retweet: Hover over the Tweet.
- Click the Retweet link that appears below the Tweet and the Tweet will be shared with your followers.
Like a Tweet
Favourite is usually used as a bookmarking tool. To Favourite a Tweet:
- To like a tweet, click on the heart below it.
Reply to a Tweet
A Reply is a direct response to another Tweet. To reply to a Tweet:
- Hover over the Tweet.
- Click the Reply link found below the tweet.
- Type your reply in the box.
- Click Tweet.
Use the TweetDeck
TweetDeck is a dashboard application tool that allows users to use several Twitter and Facebook accounts simultaneously. To use TweetDeck you need to make a separate account.
- Go to http://web.tweetdeck.com
- Sign in with your Twitter account.
- Add your Twitter and Facebook accounts to the dashboard.
- You will find four default columns: Home, Notifications, Activity, and Messages.
- ‘Home’ is your regular Tweet stream. It includes updates from people you follow.
- ‘Notifications’ is the stream of tweets that include @YourName.
- ‘Activity’ is the stream of actions by people you follow.
- ‘Messages’ is the stream of your private messages.
- You can use the Search box on the top left to look for any customized search.
- You can click Add Column at the bottom of your search to create a new column with tweets that match your search.
- You can also add new columns by clicking Add Column on the top left. Then you can choose the type of the column from the menu that appears.
- To make Twitter lists, click Lists on the top left, and then click Create List. Search for users you wish to add to your list and click ‘Save’.
- You can adjust your future tweets by clicking the feather quill icon on the top right corner. You can then write the tween and assign a specific time for it to be posted. Then click Tweet.
Technologies in Education
3-104 Education North