Weebly is a web-hosting service that provides a user-friendly drag-and-drop method for building a website.
A valid e-mail address
An internet connection
Go to Weebly.
Sign up by creating a new account, or by signing in your with Google or Facebook account.
Create a site. You will begin by choosing a theme. Your theme can be changed at any time.
You need to create a web address for your new site, choosing from one of these options:
This can also be changed at any time. You can begin by using a subdomain of weebly.com, as this option is free.
Once you’ve selected your theme, you will be brought to the “Build” page, where you can start creating your website by choosing elements from the sidebar on the left and dragging them into your site. After you have placed elements on your page, simply click on them to add content. Weebly allows you to easily add text, images, photo galleries, videos, buttons, and other types of media.
The blue tabs at the top of the page will allow you to edit different parts of your Weebly site.
- Build is where you can drag and drop elements to add content to your site.
- Pages allows you to add additional pages to your website and edit your site navigation. You can add multiple pages by clicking on the Add Page button.
Here, you can also edit the layout of individual pages on your site:
You can choose a different layout for each page on your site
- Theme allows you to change your theme, theme colours, fonts, and background. It also allows you to edit your site’s html/css code.
- Store is a tab you would click if you were using your Weebly site to sell products.
- Finally, the Settings tab allows you to change your web address and the title of your site.
You must click Publish, on the top right corner of your screen in order for your website to be viewable to others. After you do this, you can still edit your website as much and as often as you like, but you must always click Publish for those changes to be saved and seen by others. Once you click Publish the address of your site will appear. This is what you will share with others so that they can see your site.
You can add other editors to your site under the Settings tab, by clicking on Editors in the sidebar.