The University of Alberta provides wireless network service across campus. This service is known as UWS (University Wireless Service). You can connect either through an authenticated connection that requires a log in using your CCID and password or through a free guest access.
A wireless enabled device such as a laptop, tablet or smart phone.
For authenticated access, you'll need your CCID and password.
Guest Access (Guest@UofA)
- Connect to the "Guest@UofA" Wi-Fi network on your device.
- Once connected, open your internet browser and try to open any site. You should be automatically redirected to a Terms & Conditions page.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
- You are now connected to the guest network.
University Wireless Service (UWS)
- Connect to the "UWS" Wi-Fi network on your device.
- When prompted, enter your CCID and password. Leave any other fields blank.
- If prompted, accept any certificates.
- You should now have access to the internet.